Trip to BandhavGarh National Park Rewa " !!
About Bandhavgarh :-
Bandhavgarh National Park is one of the wild life sanctuaries in the Indian state Madhya Pradesh. The
national park is situated at 197 km away north-east of Jabalpur. This wild life park derived its very name from an ancient fort in the area. Bandhawgarh National Park belongs to the Vindhyan mountain ranges of central India and it boasts to have the highest density of tiger population in the country. Now there are about 46 to 52 tigers one can spot here. Bandhavgarh National Park was the former hunting preserve of the Maharaja of Rewa and at present is a famous natural hub for White Tigers. White Tigers, now a major attraction around the world's zoos, were first discovered in Rewa, not far from here. The terrain is broken, with rocky hill ranges, running roughly east west, interspersed with grassy swamps and forested valleys.
Initially just 105.40-sq-kms in area, Bandhavgarh with 25 resident TIGERS was noted for its high-density
tiger population. Today, it has been extended to an area of 437-sq-kms. About half the Bandhavgarh park is covered with fine trees of Sal, while mixed forests are found in the higher reaches of the hills. Stretches of bamboo and grasslands extend to the north. The main wildlife viewing is still done in the core of the park with its 32 picturesque, wooded hills. Once a hunting reserve of the royal family of Rewa in morerecent times, Bandhavgarh was declared a park in 1968. This is also the site where the famous WHITE TIGERS of Rewa were discovered.Wandering through the Bandhavgarh national park on an Elephant Back, the chances of seeing a tiger are quite good. Among the other wild attractions include, Nilgai, Chausingha, Chital, Chinkara, Wild Boar and sometimes a Fox or Jackal.
Jeep & Elephant Safari
One can enjoy viewing the wildlife by two ways in Bandhavgarh - Jeep Safari and Elephant Safari. Jeep safaris are undertaken during the early morning hours till evening. A forest department guide is always their with the visitors on these jeep trips taken inside the park. Elephant safari trips are organized for tiger tracking early in the morning.
Places to See in Bandhavgarh National Park :-
1.Sidhababa - The Holy Meadow : The marshy is the abode of Sidha baba
2. Chakradhara - The Sprawling Meadow : Surrounded by the hillocks, this marshy meadow is rich in both flora and fauna.
3. Gopalpur - A Place for Bird Watching : Approach with a slow drive may give you moments of memorable sighting of wild fauna.
7. Bhitari Bah - Tranquillity in Wilderness : Blissful drive along the meadow will induce thrills of jungle and feeling of lingering relaxation.Look for the important medicinal .
4. Shesh Shaiya - Origin of River Charanganga : This statue of lord Vishnu reclining on the seven hooded scrpent is the classic example of the architectural treasure of the past.
5. Bari Gufa - Ancient Monument of Past : This is the biggest man made cave of the reserve dating back to tenth century.
6. Ketkiha - Pendanus Point : This wet patch of aromatic plant " Pendanus " ( Kewra ) in the shadow of lofty jammu and arjun trees is the real treasure of floristic wealth of the Preserve.
8. Three Cave Point - The Archaeological Remains of past : These caves visible from ganesh hillock road are the mute testimony of rich historical past.